Position: Program Director - Beth Jacob Synagogue
Hours: Salaried position; estimated 30-32 hours per week;Flexible schedule, can work partly from home; Some evenings and weekends required
Salary: $30-$36K per year; paid vacation and holidays; Possible to earn additional income as a teacher in our religious school
Begins: 9/1/18; earlier start date is possible
Beth Jacob Synagogue (www.bethjacobvt.org) has welcomed Jews in central Vermont for more than a century. Our community provides support for a full range of Jewish life cycle events, religious education, and cultural experiences in our new, lovely Montpelier building.
Our Program Director will:
- Create and coordinate programs that engage synagogue members and the wider community: holiday celebrations; arts, literary, and culinary events; family activities, etc.
- Lead outreach efforts to increase visibility and build membership.
- Manage a variety of administrative tasks: database, website, calendar, mailings, building operations, admin support for religious school.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist with the tasks above.
- Assist with fundraising through member appeals and grants.
- Self-starter, creative thinker, problem solver, well-organized
- Extrovert: comfortable interacting with a variety of personalities
- Computer savvy: comfortable with social media, databases, designing marketing materials
- Knowledge of Jewish practice and culture a big plus
To apply, please send your resume plus a brief letter describing your qualifications and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position opened until filled.